First Call Partners has significant experience designing effective and locally-appropriate programmes in fragile and conflict-affected states. Examples of our staff’s work include:
- Design of multi-donor conflict and stabilisation programmes in Iraq and Syria.
- Development of DFID security and justice programmes in Ethiopia, Kenya, and Somalia.
- Design of UNDP community security programmes in Iraq and Jamaica.
Support to programme delivery
First Call Partners provides strategic and technical inputs to support the delivery of conflict, security and governance programmes. Examples include:
- EU-funded policing programme in Lebanon
- UK-funded anti-corruption programme in Sierra Leone
- UK-funded policing programme in Nigeria
Monitoring, evaluation and learning
First Call Partners has a strong track record in programme review and evaluation. We can help you to design systems to track progress, learn from experience and adapt interventions. Examples of our staff’s work include:
- Reviews of conflict, security and governance programmes in Afghanistan, Jordan, Nepal, Nigeria, Somalia and South Sudan.
- Lessons learned review of the UK Conflict Security and Stability Fund.
Training and organisational capacity building
First Call Partners are experienced trainers and facilitators who can design and deliver bespoke training packages for your needs. Examples of our staff’s work include:
- Design and delivery of UK Government Security and Justice, and Conflict and Stabilisation training courses.
- Design of online training course on Conflict for the UK Diplomatic Academy.
Policy development and strategic planning
First Call Partners has significant experience in facilitating policy development processes and inter-agency coordination. Examples of our staff’s work include:
- Supporting the development of an integrated UN approach to stabilisation in Syria.
- Supporting the Government of Sri Lanka to develop a policing reform plan
- Supporting the development of an integrated UK approach to the conflict in North East Nigeria.
Research and analysis
First Call Partners has expertise in conducting research in conflict-affected countries to ensure that policy and programmes are informed by a nuanced understanding of local context and political economy. Examples of our staff’s work include:
- Conflict analysis for UK Government in DRC, Iraq and Nigeria.
- Scoping study on rule of law for UK Government in Pakistan.
Developing good practice
First Call Partners has worked with many international organisations and governments to identify good practice and produce guidance to improve programming. Examples of our staff’s work include:
- OECD Handbook on Security System Reform
- UNDP Community Security and Social Cohesion Approach
- UK Stabilisation Unit What Works Paper on International Policing Assistance
- UK Stabilisation Unit Issues Note on Capacity Building and Institutional Development in Security and Justice Institutions