Examples of our recent projects
Conflict and stability
- Conflict and stability analysis for the UK Government in Central Asia, Middle East, North Africa and West Africa.
- Research for UNDP to assess the impact of COVID-19 on social cohesion in Iraq.
- Political economy analysis for the Danish Government on social cohesion and community reconciliation in Iraq.
- Design and delivery of UK-funded peacebuilding programme in Georgia.
- Design and delivery of training course on conflict response for the UK Diplomatic Academy.
- Programme completion review of Somalia Stability Fund.
- Review of Conciliation Resources’ peacebuilding work in Africa.
- Design of multi-donor conflict and stabilisation programmes in Iraq, Syria and Yemen.
- Review of stabilisation initiatives in Ukraine.
- Design of UNDP approach to stabilisation in the Lake Chad Basin.
- Establishment of a stabilisation platform providing technical assistance to governments and international organisations in the Lake Chad Basin
- Development of approaches to encourage the integration of armed groups in Iraq, Libya, Mali and Somalia for the German and UK Governments.
- Advisory support to UN Office of the Special Envoy in Yemen and UNDP to support the implementation of the Hodeidah ceasefire agreement in Yemen.
- Design and delivery of UK Government conflict and stabilisation training course.
Security and justice
- Design of UK Government-funded security and justice programme in Nepal.
- Research to shape the design of UK/UN security and justice programme in Somalia.
- Delivery of UK Government-funded security and justice programme in Somaliland.
- Design of UK Government community security programme in Kenya.
- Design and delivery of EU-funded policing and community security programme in Lebanon.
- Evaluation of EU-funded justice programme in Myanmar.
- Monitoring, evaluation and learning for UK-funded policing programme in Nigeria.
- Evidence assessment for UK Government of what works in security and justice reform.
- Evidence assessment for UK Government of approaches to preventing and countering violent extremism (P/CVE).
- Research to inform design of a European government’s approach to CVE.
- Evaluation of UK Government’s strategic communications projects.
- Annual review of serious and organised crime programme in Nigeria.
- Research on maritime security and piracy in the Gulf of Guinea to inform development of UK Government response.
- Research into violent extremist groups in Burkina Faso, Cote D’Ivoire, Mali and Niger.
Recent projects include:
- Research to inform the design of programmes addressing cyber security, hostile state actors, media freedom and disinformation.
- Design of programme interventions.
- Monitoring and evaluation of programmes.
Women, peace and security
- Design of new UK Government-funded programme in Nepal to tackle gender-based violence.
- Evaluation of Danish Government’s support to women, peace and security.
- Research on the influence of social norms on women’s access to security and justice in Somalia to inform design of UK/UN programme.
- Evaluation of the international Preventing Sexual Violence in conflict Initiative (PSVI).
- Monitoring, evaluation and learning support to UK Government Gender and Human Rights portfolio.
- Research into the role of sexual violence in conflict and women as peacebuilders in northern Nigeria and Niger.
Politics and governance
- Political economy analysis for Danish and German Governments in Iraq.
- Review of UK-funded good governance programme in Ukraine.
- Review of UK-funded anti-corruption programme in Sierra Leone
- Assessment of opportunities and barriers to tax reform in Sierra Leone for UK Government.
- Scoping studies on rule of law for UK Government in Pakistan and Zimbabwe.
- Assessment of the impact of British Council programming on civil society in Ethiopia.